Monday, February 27, 2012

Chunky Monkey

I love Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey Ice Cream, but let's face it, Spring is upon us (and has been all Winter) and I don't need to be eating 300+ calories and 17 grams of fat per 1/4 cup to fit in my shorts soon!  So I got some low fat ice cream and these frozen chocolate covered bananas in the freezer section to chop up and mix in! 
http://www.dianasbananas.com/our-products/#name-milk
I had looked forward to this dessert all day on Sunday and at 8:30PM I decided it was time to indulge in my sweet concoction.

Next thing that happened is everyone's nightmare- While chopping away (with a knife I believe was too big for the job) at my frozen banana, my right thumb slips under the knife and the meaty tip is sliced open.  The immediate shock, pain, and blood made my eyes grow five sizes.  I was convinced I just lost the tip of my thumb forever.  Adam was up in action blowing out the candles and putting my shoes on before I knew what to say!  He wrapped it in ice and a dish cloth while whisking me out the door.  To the ER we went and name dropping we did (thank you to Adam's sister for working in the ER!) to get in and out a little faster.  One tetanus shot and five stitches later (one through my finger nail-yum) I was sent home with my entire thumb (!!!) and a large bandage, only craving water and my bed.  On a good note, the ER doctor was very nice and paid close attention to me when I told her I was not numb enough for the stitches- great experience with her. 

Morals of my story- my husband is amazing, creativity is not always a good thing, chop slowly, and just eat the extra calories (you'll save yourself some time, money, and a great deal of pain). 


A special thanks to the husband of Perfectly Imperfect for coming over while we were at the Hospital to make sure we wouldn't be taking our dog to the ER next for cleaning up all the left over chocolate on the counter.  The dog was too concerned about our rushing-out-the-house actions that he was curled up on the couch anticipating our return...

Below are some Graphic Pictures, not suitable for a weak stomach, of what I get to live with for the next 10-12 days.

















HAPPY MONDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment