Tuesday, November 29, 2011

We're Married!

I know I originally started this blog to keep memories of the big events happening in my life… well two big items have now passed and I did a whopping three blogs… woopsies.  Lets Recap!

After 4 years, My Best Friend and the Love of my Life, Adam, got down on his knee and asked to spend the rest of his life with me Christmas Morning 2010.  Of course I said Yes, we set the date 11.12.11, and the planning started in full effect!  From dress fittings to vendor meetings to wedding crafting, my life was consumed!

As if planning a wedding isn't stressful enough, Adam and I decided to house hunt!  We decided that we wanted to "see what was out there," but once you're out looking, you kind of get addicted to looking.  After many weeks we went to see one more and FELL IN LOVE.  It was everything we wanted in a house and more!  We couldn't believe we could afford it, but with a little price banter, we signed and settled in within a month of the offer!

As every couple does when they get in engaged, we decided we needed to focus on fitness.  Not only for the wedding and all those pictures that will be captured, but for the week long Honeymoon in bathing suits in which we gained back all the weight we lost prior to the wedding!  Adam and I decided to best way to do this was to train for our first half marathon! We both completed the 13.1 miles in VA Beach in a little over 2 hours.  One thing about training for any race, you can't skimp on food or you will not make it through the training process, but you can eat for days after the race and never be full!  Signed up for the next one in March!


In the last few months before the wedding we had our amazing bachelorette and bachelor parties (completely separate of course), I attended the best bridal shower thrown by my amazing sisters and mother, completed my DIY crafts for wedding decoration, and threw the biggest celebration of our lives with our parents, family, and closest friends!


The honeymoon was the most relaxing week of our lives and we got use to calling each other Husband and Wife.




So now back to reality… what will I do with my time?  Blog. Hopefully. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home! I am glad you had a fantastic honeymoon to start out your married life together. You certainly know how to throw a party - the wedding was beautiful! Love keeping in touch and hearing whats going on with you two so keep up this fun blog! Wish you both many, many years of love, laughs and celebrations :)

    ReplyDelete